Job description – Grillman
Sector: counter service / Kitchen
Under the authority of: (directly / Indirectly) Team leader / Human resources executive
Eligibility for extra hours: yes
Functions and Responsibilities
1.1. Counter service – command
a) Take orders with accuracy, courtesy and professionalism.
b) Advise the customer and answer his questions without keeping him waiting.
c) Manage the working flow.
d) Dishes assembling respecting the directives of the banner.
e) Use cutting tools with quickness and accuracy.
f) Ensure the meats cooking on the grill according to the directives; quantity and quality.
a) Manipulation of cooked or raw food. Respect the quality banner’s standards.
b) Sort out food not reaching the standards while applying the directives of the manager.
c) Perform workstations by respecting the rotation established by the manager.
d) Ensure the rotation of meats and bread according to the procedures established by the manager. Freezing to control losses.
e) Tasks of disinfection according to the banner’s standards; preparation’s board, preparation’s tables, walls, utensils, equipments and devices, etc.
f) Use in an adequate and secure way, equipments and the diverse supplies.
g) Cleaning and manipulation of a deep fryer according to the standards of the manufacturer.
h) Tasks of cleaning and maintenance steakhouse post; floor, wall, cupboard, counter, cold table, equipment, windows and shop windows, etc. must be impeccable and functional at any time.
i) Tasks of disinfection according to the banner’s standards; board of preparation, tables of preparation, zones kitchen, brush and metallic scraper, etc.
j) Respect hygiene regulations and healthiness any time.
k) Keep a clean and secure environment.
l) Detect and indicate possible dysfunctions and\or breaking of equipment.
m) Make any other related tasks.
n) Make any other tasks given by a supervisor.
o) Complete form of tasks diligently and accuracy.
Formation / Experiments
1. 2 years of experience in a similar domain required.
2. (DEP or DES) required.
3. (ACS or in DEC in Restoration / Hotel business) allows to reach superior posts.
1. Emphasis on the customer service (courteous and thoughtful).
2. (Teamwork) collaborates well.
3. Emphasize results (productive and dynamic).
4. Dynamism, communication, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, the sense of organization.
5. Capacity to react well under pressure.
4. Training in manipulation of food: hygiene and healthiness MAPAC is required.
Skills about to the post
1. Perform rigorously tasks with accuracy.
2. Apply politics and procedures, respects the governmental standards for hygiene as well as the standards of health according to the current politics.
3. Takes initiatives related to the post.
4. Open to communication with a superior to complete training.
5. Operates and maintains the dishwasher according to the recommendations of the manufacturer.
1. Job requiring to work of long hours up, in conditions of exposure with strong heat and sometimes with the cold.
2. Job requiring a good physical shape.
3. Raising repeatedly weighty loads lower or equal to 30 kg ( 66 pounds).
4. Some tasks require to raise heavy items weighting lower or equal to 40 kg ( 90 pounds).
5. Work with flexible hours, sometimes according to cut hours, and might require to work in evenings, weekends or the holidays.
6. Detect and indicate possible dysfunctions and/or breaking of equipment.
7. Can make (occasional) extra hours.
8. Job requiring the use of machinery and equipment of kitchen over big periods of time (steakhouse on coal, deep fryers, cutting devices, etc.) according to the banner’s directives.